Abstract: We consider the problem of determining the matrix kernel \(K(t)=diag(K_1, K_2, K_3)(t)\), \( t>0,\) occurring in the system of integro-differential viscoelasticity equations for anisotropic medium. The direct initial boundary value problem is to determine the displacement vector function \(u(x,t)=(u_1,u_2,u_3)(x,t),\) \(x=(x_1,x_2,x_3) \in R^3,\) \(x_3>0\). It is assumed that the coefficients of the system (density and elastic modulus) depend only on the spatial variable \(x_3>0\). The source of perturbation of elastic waves is concentrated on the boundary of \(x_3=0\) and represents the Dirac Delta function (Neumann boundary condition of a special kind). The inverse problem is reduced to the previously studied problems of determining scalar kernels \(K_i(t)\), \( i=1,2,3\). As an additional condition, the value of the Fourier transform in \(x_2\) of the function \(u(x,t)\) is given on the surface \(x_3=0\). Theorems of global unique solvability and stability of the solution of the inverse problem are given. The idea of proving global solvability is to apply the contraction mapping principle to a system of nonlinear Volterra integral equations of the second kind in a weighted Banach space.
For citation: Totieva, Zh. D. The Problem of Determining the Matrix Kernel of the Anisotropic Viscoelasticity Equations System, Vladikavkaz Math. J., 2019, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 58-66 (in Russian). DOI 10.23671/VNC.2019.2.32117
1. Kristensen, R. M. Vvedenie v teoriyu vyazkouprugosti
[Introduction to the Theory of Viscoelasticity], Moscow, Mir, 1974, 340 p. (in Russian).
2. Rabotnov, Yu. N. Elementy nasledstvennoj mekhaniki tverdyh tel
[Elements of Hereditary Mechanics of Solids], Moscow, Nauka, 1977, 384 p. (in Russian).
3. Rabotnov, Yu. N. Mekhanika deformiruemogo tverdogo
tela [Mechanics of a Deformable Solid], Moscow, Nauka, 1988, 712 p. (in Russian).
4. Pipkin, A. C. Lectures on Viscoelasticity Theory, Berlin, Springer, 1986, 199 p.
5. Khohlov, A. V. The Qualitative Analysis of Theoretic Curves Generated by Linear Viscoelasticity Constitutive
Equation, Nauka i obrazovanie. MGTU im. N. E. Baumana [Sience and Education], 2016, no. 5, pp. 187-245.
6. Durdiev, D. K. and Totieva, Zh. D. The Problem of Determining the
One-Dimensional Kernel of the Viscoelasticity Equation,
Journal of Applied and Industrial Mathematics, 2013,
vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 72-82 (in Russian).
7. Durdiev, D. Q., Totieva, Zh. D. The Problem of Determining the Multidimensional Kernel of Viscoelasticity Equation, Vladikavkaz Math. J., vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 18-43. (in Russian). DOI 10.23671/VNC.2015.4.5969.
8. Durdiev, D. K. and Totieva, Zh. D. The Problem of Determining the One-Dimensional Kernel of the Electroviscoelasticity Equation, Siberian Mathematical J., 2017, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 427-444. DOI:
9. Durdiev, D. K. and Totieva, Zh. D. The Problem of Finding the
One-Dimensional Kernel of the Thermoviscoelasticity
Equation, Mathematical Notes, 2018, vol. 103, no. 1-2,
pp. 118-132. DOI: 10.1134/S0001434618010145.
10. Safarov, Zh. Sh. and Durdiev, D. K. Inverse Problem for
Integro-Differential Equation of Acoustics, Differencial'nye
uravnenija [Differential Equations], 2018, vol. 54, no. 1,
pp. 136-147 (in Russian).
11. Durdiev, D. K. and Rahmonov, A. A. Inverse Problem for A System of Integro-Differential Equations for SH Waves in a Visco-Elastic Porous Medium: Global Solvability, Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, 2018, vol. 195, no. 3, pp. 923-937. DOI: 10.1134/S0040577918060090.
12. Durdiev, D. K. and Durdiev, U. D. The Problem of Kernel Determination from Viscoelasticity System Integro-Differential Equations for Homogeneous Anisotropic Media, Nanosystems: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, 2016, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 405-409.
13. Durdiev, D. K. and Totieva, Zh. D. The Problem of
Determining the One-Dimensional Matrix Kernel of the System of
Viscoelasticity Equations, Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences,
2018, vol. 17, no. 17, pp. 8019-8032. DOI: 10.1002/mma.5267.
14. Tuaeva, Zh. D. Multidimensional Mathematical Model of Seismic Memory,
Issledovaniya po differencial`nym uravneniyam i matematicheskomu modelirovaniyu
[Research on Differential Equations and Mathematical Modeling], Vladikavkaz, VNC RAN, 2008, pp. 297-306 (in